Recipe adapted from: Taste of Home August/September 2013
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 water
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cheese; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Serves 4
YUM YUM YUM! How delish. I served this over hot rice. Daven even loved it, after I chopped up the shrimp. He ate two servings. I did use an Italian Seasoning blend that had red pepper flakes in it, so I omitted the red pepper flakes.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.