Thursday, April 21, 2011

Swiss Steak

Recipe Taken From:
Kris Collier

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 Cube Steaks or Tenderized Round Steak
  • 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
  • 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 1 Cup Chopped Onion
  • 3/4 Cup Green Pepper Chopped
  • 2 or 3 Ribs of Celery
  • 1 14oz Can Diced Tomato, juice & all
  • 3/4 cup Beef Broth
  • 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
Preparation:
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown steak in oil on both sides. Remove steaks and set aside.
In the same skillet, saute onion, celery and green pepper until they begin to get soft. Sprinkle in pepper , garlic & onion powder. Add broth, soy sauce and tomatoes. Add steak, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Enjoy!

Notes & Tips:
I thought this was great! The only thing I would change would be I think I would add red pepper flakes for a little kick. I served this with a salad. Next time I would serve it with rice or mashed potatoes.

No comments: