Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Slaw

Recipe adapted from: E-meals 



Ingredients
  • 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced 
  • 1/2 tablespoon Creole seasoning 
  • 1/2 tablespoon Cilantro Mojo Seasoning (Tupperware)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
  • 10 oz bag rainbow slaw mix
  • ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro 
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced 
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice 
  • 1 teaspoon honey 
  • ¼ teaspoon salt 
  • 10-count package taco size flour tortillas 
  • Pico de gallo
  • Sour Cream
Preparation

Sprinkle chicken with Creole & Cilantro Mojo seasonings. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Combine coleslaw mix, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, honey, and salt in a bowl. Serve chicken, pico, sour cream and slaw on tortillas.

Notes:

The original recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon of Creole seasoning, but I just love the Mojo seasoning so much I had to use it. I was also surprised how much I liked the slaw. I didn't think it was going to have enough liquid but it really was very good and was not too spicy. I made the slaw in advance to let the ingredients marry before serving. I served this with Spanish rice.

No comments: