- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies (I used Kroger brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook chicken however you like. I steamed mine in my steamer from totally frozen with steak seasoning sprinkled on it for 30 mins.
- Shred chicken. (I used my Kitchenaid mixer to shred mine, just make sure you put a towel over the mixer so you don't have flying chicken).
- Add butter to a large pot, add celery, onion and carrots along with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add flour and spices. Cook and stir one minute.
- Stir in broth and milks, cover the pot, and bring soup to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and let simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide soup among serving bowls.