Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LAST NIGHT ALONE!

Well the day has finally arrived. The last night before Mat comes home. This time tomorrow I will be lying safely in his arms. Something I've realized during this, our first deployment, that time is an awfully crazy thing. The past 15 months has crawled by...hour by hour, day by day, and so on...but yet today when I look back...it seems no time hardly at all has past. It's crazy.

Tonight was kinda funny. I asked Mat what he wanted for his Welcome Home dinner and he said he wanted Spaghetti & Meatballs, Salad and breadsticks with Angel food cake for dessert (his favorite) Well right as I was about to begin beating the 12 egg whites, my electric mixer blew it's motor. So I ran next door to my nice neighbor Mike and the only thing he had was a hand crank mixer...so I beat the stinkin crap out of those eggs for 15 mins and they were still the consistancy of pudding...so I called Mom and she nicely told me to give it up and go buy a new electric mixer. So I ran to the store and 30 mins later the cake is in the oven baking right now.

Here are a few pictures of the posters/signs everyone sent for Mat. He doesn't know anything about them yet. They will all be a surprise for him when he comes home.




No comments: