Monday, August 3, 2009

Blogs

Oh my....2 posts in 1 week...fancy stuff.



Anyways I was just checking up on the blogs that I normally read through the day and thought I would post a few of them here, just so you know what kind of stuff I'm into looking at.



Cake Wrecks -



This is the first "Blog" I ever started reading (except for my friend Erica's, but I won't post her's since I didn't ask her if I could). Everyday Jen posts a different cake wreck, except Sunday which are reserved for Sunday Sweets. A cake wreck if you didn't know is a cake that is unintenionally "messed up" by a professional baker. Her writing style is witty and highly entertaining. Sunday's are a fun day to look because some of the cakes she posts are jaw-droppingly incredible.



http://www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com/



Bakerella -



I actually stumbled upon this blog while reading Cake Wrecks Sunday Sweets. Bakerella is a woman who bakes the neatest stuff. She's pretty famous for "Cake Pops". This past week she posted a tutorial on "Pie Pops". It's a mini pie on a stick. FABULOUS! She is super creative and I've attempted a few of her recipes, all of which have turned out great.



http://bakerella.blogspot.com/



The Pioneer Woman -



I was lead to this website through Bakerella (I can see you're picking up on a trend here). I have actually come to love this blog more than any of the others. Ree post's a "confessional" everyday which typically are about her life on their ranch in Oklahoma. She too has an extremely witty writing style. She also has a section on Cooking, Home Schooling, Photography and Home & Garden. I rarely miss a day reading her blog and feel a weird emotional attchment to her blog. It's a very realistic view of her daily life. (and she does fun giveaways, but since so many people read her blog, I'm sure it would be hard to win one).



http://thepioneerwoman.com/



Design Mom -



This is one I've just started reading recently. I don't have too much info on this one, but she's a mother in New York who is also an Art Director. Neat "craft" ideas (I hesitate to call them crafts since they're so fasionable and stylish).



http://designmom.com/



Really that's about it. I wish I was as dedicated to blogging as these women but I've never been very good at expressing my thoughts through written words. Another thing I'm pretty obsessed with is www.sporcle.com . Don't go there...you'll get addicted...it's not pretty.

No comments: