Recipe Taken From:
Taste of Home Healthy Cooking
* 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
* 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
* 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
* 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* Dash salt
* Dash ground nutmeg
* 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
* 1 tablespoon butter
In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops in butter. Stir in fruit mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Notes & Tips:
I really liked this. Way more than I thought I would. It was really really easy and quick. Tasted like it took a long time. I served this with a salad.
1 serving equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.