Recipe taken from:
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white
- 1/4 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red, crushed
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced, minced
- 12 ounce(s) beef, flank steak
- 1 bunch(es) broccoli , or 1 bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 teaspoon oil, cooking *I used sesame oil, it makes it take more like take-out
- 2 medium carrot(s), bias-sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3/4 cup(s) broth, reduced-sodium beef
- 4 scallion(s) (green onions), bias-sliced
- 2 cup(s) angel hair pasta, cooked
1. For marinade, in a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar, ginger, crushed red pepper, and garlic. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Add meat to marinade; toss to coat. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes. Drain meat, discarding marinade.
2. Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems. If desired, peel stems.Cut stems into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Or thaw frozen broccoli florets in colander under room-temp. water.
3. In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; cook and stir in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly pink in center. Remove meat from wok or skillet.
4. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to hot wok or skillet. Add broccoli, mushrooms and carrots; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add beef broth: cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of wok or skillet. Return cooked meat to wok or skillet. Add green onions; heat through. Serve immediately over hot cooked pasta.
Notes & Tips:
The broccoli at the commissary looked kinda iffy this time, so I purchased the frozen broccoli florets, I think it turned out better than if I had used fresh. Mat told me tonight that he thinks this is better than take-out. *yay what a compliment* I served this over angel hair pasta, but it could just as easily be served over rice.
Calories: 205, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 659mg, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Total Fat: 6g, Carbs: 17g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Protein: 22g