- Pizza Crust (either homemade or refrigerated crust)
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce (again either homemade or pre-packaged)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3 slices of Canadian bacon
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning
Preheat oven 450 degrees. This time I used the refrigerated crust (b/c I'm pretty lazy sometimes, and it's Saturday), it never rolls out right so ball it up and re-roll it out on to a pizza stone or cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pinch the edges up about a 1/4 inch. Again because I'm fairly lazy on Saturday night I used pre-packaged pizza sauce. Spread it thinly with a large spoon.
Roughly cut up 1 cup of fresh mushrooms, evenly distribute on pizza. Cut up 3 slices of Canadian bacon and evenly distribute on pizza. Sprinkle cheese all over pizza then sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top.
Put pizza in the oven for 14 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden. Take out of oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut into 6 slices.
Notes & Tips:
Please don't use pre-shreaded cheese, it doesn't melt as well and it is cheaper by the pound. Also, freshly shredded cheese looks like more so you will end up eating less. Feel free to use which ever toppings you'd like.
1 slice of homemade pizza is about 250 calories, vs. 1 slice of Domino's pizza is about 440.
250 calories, 8g fat, 35 carbohydrates