Recipe Taken From:
* 1 (4 pound) boneless beef roast
* 1/2 cup lite, low sodium soy sauce
* 1 beef bouillon cube
* 1 bay leaf
* 3 whole black peppercorns
* 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 10 slices provolone cheese
* 10 steak rolls
1) Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker.
2) In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast, and add enough water to almost cover roast. Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
3) Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Let the meat sit for five minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Shred meat with a fork, and serve on rolls with a slice of provolone. Use reserved broth for dipping.
Notes & Tips:
I used beef broth instead of beef bouillon. Also, I used the cheapest cut of beef I could find. It turned out a little tough, but the meat pulled apart great. Next time I would use a nicer cut of beef. I served this with sweet potato fries and steamed veggies.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Total Fat: 17.6 g
Total Carbs: 41.0 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
Protein: 52.7 g