Recipe Taken From:
Healthy Cooking Magazine:
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 cup water
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
* 1 tablespoon fish or soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon red curry paste
* 1 lemon grass stalk
* 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1-1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
* 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
* 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained and cut in half
* 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
* 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
* 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
* 1 teaspoon curry powder
* In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, water, brown sugar, ginger, fish sauce, curry paste and lemon grass. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully stir in shrimp and edamame. Cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
* Add the coconut milk, corn, bamboo shoots, basil, cilantro, lime juice, lime peel and curry powder; heat through. Discard lemon grass. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Notes & Tips:
This came out pretty good. I really like the broth part of this. I think I might use smaller pieces of baby corn. Also, I used ground ginger and dried basil. I also used pre-cooked shrimp and I added them too early. If you decide to use pre-cooked shrimp please add them at the end so you don't overcook them like I did. Also, I don't know where to find lemon grass, so I used lemon zest instead and it was fine.
1 cup equals 163 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.