- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
1.In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
2.Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
3.Stir in tomatoes. Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.
Notes & Tips:
I threw in some prosciutto since I had some leftover. This soup is so yummy. I love a good warm soup on a fall night.
Serves 8, 1 cup servings
Amount Per Serving Calories: 82 Total Fat: 5.2g Cholesterol: <>