Recipe Taken From:
Real Simple Magazine October 2010
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1 cup Arborio rice
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces), plus more for serving
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until absorbed.
4. Add half the broth (1 ¾ cups) and simmer, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until the rice is tender and creamy, 8 to 10 minutes. (If the rice is not cooked through and the mixture is dry, add more broth and continue to cook until tender.)
6. Stir in the Parmesan and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with the parsley and additional Parmesan, if desired.
Notes & Tips:
I had to decrease the amount of broth required. I cut it back in the second addition I only put in about 1 cup of the broth.
217 Calories, 13g Fat, 13g Carbs, 11g Protein