Weight Watchers Cookbook
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, poached and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tomato, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 scallions, minced (white and light-green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1. To make the dressing, put the lime juice in a small bowl. Drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly. Press in the garlic with a garlic press and add the chili powder; whisk thoroughly.
2. In a large bowl combine the chicken, tomato, avocado, scallions, and cilantro. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until the flavors are blended, at least 2 hours.
3. Divide the lettuce among 4 plates and mound the chicken salad on top.
Notes & Tips:
I made this WAY too spicy. It's def. clear your sinus cavities spicy. I used chipotle chili seasoning. Also, I served this with soft taco shells.
(1/2 cup lettuce and about 3/4 cup chicken salad), 243 Calories, 14 g Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 49 mg Cholesterol, 77 mg Sodium, 9 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 22 g Protein, 60 mg Calcium.