Recipe adapted from:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely mashed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients; set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare chicken, combine sugar, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until done. Serve chicken with sauce, top with chopped fresh tomatoes.
Notes & Tips:
I served this with black bean salad, but you can also serve this with rice. You can also grill the chicken if you'd rather.
Calories:301 (27% from fat)
Fat:9g (sat 1.5g,mono 4.8g,poly 1.3g)