- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the leek and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring frequently.
2. Pour in 1 1/2 cups of the chicken broth, and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, continuing to stir. Pour in the remaining chicken broth and wine, increase heat to medium, and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Cover and heat on low until, al dente.
4. In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, saute asparagus and squash until crisp tender, add frozen peas, cover and heat for 5-7 mins. Stir in shrimp, cover and cook on medium for 5 mins.
5. In large bowl toss together risotto and shrimp mixture. Serve warm.
Notes & Tips:
YUM! Go easy on the lemon, the risotto really takes on the flavor of whatever it's served with.
Calories: 323 Total Fat: 6.3g Cholesterol: 72mg