- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2lb uncooked, peeled and deveined extra large shrimp
- 2 cups fresh cubed pineapple
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper, chopped
1. Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until well blended; set aside half of sauce for serving.
2. In large wok skillet pour in the other half of the sauce. Turn on med. high heat, stir in sweet bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stir in pineapple and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are no longer pink. Serve with rice, and top with sauce.
Notes & Tips:
This tasted just like Chinese pineapple shrimp. Very yummy. Of course I served this with couscous. I really really liked this recipe.
Serves 4: 330 calories, 4g fat, 48g carbs, 21g protein