Women's Day Magazine, June 2010
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp each minced garlic and fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, cut into
- 1-in. strips and halved crosswise
- 12 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed (2 1/4 lb)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. Mix coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in a 6-qt slow cooker. Add onion, peppers and potatoes; mix well until vegetables are evenly coated.
2. Rub curry powder all over chicken. Place chicken on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 6 to 8 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro
Notes & Tips:
I loved that this was a crockpot meal, and an easy one at that. I really liked the curry flavor. I do think it needs more salt. Also, I didn't have any drumsticks, so I used chicken thighs instead. I served this with brown rice.
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
Dietary Fiber 5g