- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups ripe peaches, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 4 pieces (6 ounces each) salmon fillet
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed
1.Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
2.Prepare quinoa as label directs.
3.Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine peaches, onion, mint, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
4.Season flesh side of salmon with remaining 1/8 teaspoon cayenne and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place on grill, skin side down. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Carefully turn and cook 4 to 6 minutes longer or until salmon is just opaque in center. Transfer to plate; cool slightly. Carefully peel off skin; discard.
5.Stir snap peas into quinoa. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer. Divide quinoa and snap peas among serving plates. Top with salmon and peach mixture. Garnish with mint.
Notes & Tips:
Yum! I tasted the peach mixture before putting it on top of the salmon, and I'm glad I did, it needed a splash of balsamic vinegar. I also didn't dust the salmon with cayenne, b/c I was a little afraid of the spiciness after tasting the kick the peaches had, so instead I dusted it with paprika. You can substitute couscous or rice for the quinoa if you'd like.
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
Dietary Fiber 6g