Recipe Taken From:
Women's Day Magazine
• 1 package (3 3/4 oz) cellophane noodles
• 4 cups boiling water
• 3/4 cup halved snow peas
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• 2 Tbsp sugar
• 1 tsp grated ginger
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 8 oz thickly sliced deli roast beef, cut in strips
• 1 1/2 cups sliced seedless cucumber
• 1/2 cup sliced fresh mint
• 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Put noodles and snow peas in a large bowl. Pour in boiling water and let sit 10 minutes until noodles are tender. Drain; rinse under cold running water and drain again. Shake colander to remove excess water, then return to bowl.
2. Combine vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt in a jar; shake to dissolve sugar.
3. Pour dressing over noodles and snow peas; add remaining ingredients (except peanuts) and toss to coat. Sprinkle each serving with peanuts if desired.
Notes & Tips:
I had to add a little soy sauce to this recipe, because I found it a little bland. I also decided against the mint, and used a little of the leftover pesto. I also still can't find good snow peas in Kansas so I used fresh green beans.
Calories 200Total Fat 2 g Saturated Fat 1 g Cholesterol 25 mg Sodium 536 mg Total Carbohydrate 34 g Dietary Fiber 2 g Protein 12 g