The Pampered Chef 2010
- 12 hard yellow corn taco shells
- 1 small head romaine lettuce (about 2 cups shredded)
- 1-2 limes, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cups diced grilled chicken breasts
- 1/2 small jicama
- 1 small mango
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
1. Prepare taco shells according to package directions; set aside. Shred lettuce. Zest limes 1 tsp. Juice limes to measure 3 tbsp. Place zest, 1 tbsp of the juice, mayonnaise, cumin and cayenne pepper, if desired, in Mixing Bowl; mix well. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the sauce into resealable plastic bag; twist to secure and set aside. Add chicken to remaining sauce; mix well.
2. Peel jicama and mango. Slice jicama. Slice jicama and mango into 1/4-in strips. Chop cilantro. Combine jicama, mango, cilantro, salt and remaining juice in another mixing Bowl; mix well.
3. Place lettuce into taco shells. Top evenly with chicken mixture, jicama mixture and avocado, if desired. Trim corner of sauce-filled bag; drizzle over tacos.
Notes & Tips:
The mango I bought wasn't ripe by the time I wanted to eat this so instead of mango I used a large tomato, diced. Also, I used soft tacos, b/c really I don't like hard taco shells at all. I LOVED this recipe. I will def. be making it again. The only "complaint" I have about this recipe is that it really uses alot of bowls. This is the first time I've used jicama, I was really pleased with it. I loved the tart flavor of the jicama. I have another recipe this week that uses it. I can't wait to try it. Also, be careful with the cayenne pepper if you decide to use it, it's great but gives the sauce a pretty feisty kick.
Calories 370, Fat 21g, Carbs 24g, Protein 22g
© 2010 The Pampered Chef used under license.