Eating Well Magazine, August/September 2006
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced fresh part-skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olives
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, vinegar, oil and garlic. Add basil, marjoram, salt and pepper. Let stand to allow tomatoes to release their juices, about 10 minutes. Serve over angel hair pasta.
Notes & Tips
A friend from work brought in some incredible homegrown tomatoes today and I just had to have them for supper. The "marinade" used in this is excellent, and the fresh tomatoes made it out of this world good! I didn't use the marjoram though, b/c I didn't have any so I just used green onions. I served this alongside of pan seared Tilapia.
Per serving: 141 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 386 mg sodium; 412 mg potassium.