Cooking Light Magazine, August 2010
- 8 ounces uncooked legume-based farfalle pasta (such as Barilla Plus)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3/4 cup diced cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup thinly vertically sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons torn mint leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 2-inch-long strips
- 1 ounce shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; cool to room temperature.
2. Combine lemon juice and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process to blend. With processor on, slowly pour olive oil through food chute; process for 15 seconds or until blended.
3. Combine cooled pasta, arugula, cantaloupe, shallots, mint, and prosciutto in a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over salad just before serving, and toss gently to coat. Top salad with cheese.
Notes & Tips:
Well this was different, I'm not really sure I liked it. I think the combination of melon and pasta. The textures didn't mix well. I did like the dressing, and I love prosciutto.
Fat:12.8g (sat 2.9g,mono 7.5g,poly 1.6g)