Cooking Light Magazine, August 2010
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 (6.5-ounce) package sweet butter lettuce mix
- 2 large ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 3 ounces very thin slices prosciutto, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 ounces ricotta salata cheese, divided into 4 equal pieces
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted sunflower seed kernels
- Small mint leaves (optional)
1. Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Gradually drizzle in olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in chopped mint.
2. Combine lettuce mix and peach wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle lettuce mixture with dressing; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 2 cups salad in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 3/4 ounce prosciutto, 1 piece of ricotta salata, and about 2 teaspoons sunflower seed kernels. Garnish with small mint leaves, if desired.
Notes & Tips:
This is a great salad for summer. Easy to make and no cooking!
Fat:13.5g (sat 3.2g,mono 5.9g,poly 2.2g)