Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gammie's Delicious Bunt Cake

Recipe taken from:
My Gammie!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 4 eggs, beat well
  • 1 can coconut pecan frosting
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preparation:
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease and flour bunt cake pan. Mix eggs, oil, water and cake mix. Stir in frosting and chopped nuts. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour.

Notes & Tips:
If you'd like you can make a quick glaze to put on top of this, I don't normally do that since the cake has the icing mixed in. You can also dust on a little confectioner sugar if you'd like. I also keep the ingredients at almost all times since on a moments notice you could be expected to have a cake ready for company!

Rating:
Awesome!

Nutrition facts:
Serves 12
506 Calories,28g Fat, 57g Carbs, 5g Protein

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds great, but where do you find coconut pecan frosting????

The Porters said...

Hey Jessica! It's in the grocery store with the other frostings. It's the same kind they use on German Chocolate cake, so most places carry it. I know the brand I use is Betty Crocker.

Unknown said...

Thanks Danielle! I am going to have to make this:)

The Porters said...

It's always a hit! I've never had anyone tell me it's average! Thanks to my Gammie for this one.