Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kitchen 64

This afternoon my mom took Mat and I out to a little place called
Kitchen 64 for lunch. I had seen this place before but never stopped in. It wasn't what I expected at all. For a place situated right at an exit ramp to 64 East on the Boulevard it was hip and dineresque.

The atmosphere was that of a mid-upscale diner, with a view of the kitchen at every seat. The one thing I noticed about the menu was that appetizers looked just as good as the meals.

Prices ranging from $6.50- $11.95 for lunch and $10.95-$22 for dinner.

I ordered the "Scott's Addition" a fancy version of a french dip that was HUGE and delicious. Wheat hoggie, thinly sliced prime rip, sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese...mmm...you can't get much better than that. Mat had the Chili special and my mom had the Greek Nachos.

Overall I'd give Kitchen 64 a huge thumbs up, and I'd even consider calling The Food Network's Diner's, Drive-In's and Dives for this place!!

For more information visit: http://www.kitchen64.com/
All photos are from Kitchen64.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your Richmond food reviews and this one is so good! I love Kitchen 64- Derick and I live not far from there. Nexttime you go you should try their sweet potato fries...amazing.

Also, if you're still in Richmond you need to try Sticky Rice before you leave- on west main street.

The Porters said...

Thanks so much spokeit! Kitchen 64 was wonderful. Next time we're in town I'll have to go to Sticky Rice, that sounds great!