- 12 frozen perogies
- 4 chicken breasts cut up
- 1/2 can of beef consomme
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 can enchilada sauce
- 2 shakes of Magi seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 can navy beans, drained
- 1/2 can green beans, drained
- 1 and 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1 box Uncle Ben's sun dried tomato Florentine wild rice
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon COLD water
1. Prepare rice according to box instructions.
2. Boil 2 quarts of water in large pot, add perogies and boil for 5-7 minutes. Drain perogies and set aside.
3. In the large pot add beef consume, vegetable broth, enchilada sauce and chicken, bring to a boil, boil for 15-20 mins. Add Magi seasoning and Mrs. Dash, tomato paste, navy beans, tomatoes and green beans. Bring to low boil.
4. Simmer 5 minutes then add cornstarch mixture.
5. 5 minutes before serving add perogies. Serve over bed of rice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Notes & Tips:
This is basically everything that I needed to get rid of before we go on vacation. This was pretty good though I have to admit. I love perogies and I thought this was an interesting way to serve them.
795 Calories, 19g Fat, 79g Carbs, 79g Protein