- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 10 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1.Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside.
2.In a large flat bowl, place the chopped lettuce and top with a layer of onion, peas, shredded cheese, cauliflower and bacon.
3.Prepare the dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle over salad and refrigerate until chilled.
Notes & Tips:
I have made this recipe tons of times, it's always a hit at pot lucks. The original recipe calls for cauliflower but I substitute kidney beans. Also, I added just a little bit of sour cream to mellow out the flavor of mayo.
Makes 12 servings
Calories: 387 Total Fat: 32.7g Cholesterol: 51mg