- 1 (1 pound block) package frozen fish fillets
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small lemon, peeled and sliced, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed (or use 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh snipped dill)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained, or chopped ripe olives, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 12 to 24 baby carrots, cut in half if large
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Generously grease one side of a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Place frozen fish on center of greased foil; sprinkle with garlic and arrange lemon slices over top. Sprinkle with dillweed, dry mustard, and capers. Dot with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Place potatoes and carrots and celery around fish. Dot vegetables with remaining 1 tablespoon of the butter; sprinkle with salt. Fold foil around the fish and vegetables, sealing well. Place package in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 375° for 1 hour.
Notes & Tips:
This is super easy and turns out great. You can also substitute chicken for the fish and it turns out just as good. You may just need to up the time and temp. a bit.