Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oster Brand Steamer


Tonight I thought I'd do a quick post on one of my favorite kitchen products. I got this for my birthday a few years ago and it has rapidly become one of my favorite items.

This bad boy can cook chicken, fish, shrimp, veggies, rice and anything else you can imagine in less than 35 minutes.

Tonight I used my steamer to cook buffalo chicken for buffalo chicken sandwiches. I took a package of 3 frozen chicken breasts, popped them into the steamer, seasoned them with garlic salt and bbq spices and set the steamer for 30 minutes. When I got back from the gym I threw the chicken and buffalo sauce in a bowl and tossed it around then put it onto buns and wa-la buffalo chicken sandwichs.

One of the most unique features of this steamer is that it has two stackable parts. You can steam both your meat and your veggies at the same time, having them finish at different times and never lose momentum. Another of the attachments it came with was a rice cooker. You just put the rice and water butter and salt in the container, set the timer and then again wa-la cooked rice.

For less than $50 this is wonderful. Just to be able to cook healthy quick meals without getting a bunch of pans dirty, it's worth every penny.

My only criticism of this is that if you have to wash the containers by hand it's a real pain. Thankfully I have a dish washer but if you don't, look out it's a big hassle.

If you're interested in learning more about this steamer visit:
http://www.oster.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=2002

No comments: