- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- One large onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- One (28 ounces) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 medium sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
In a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and rice. Saute for five minutes, or until onion is translucent and rice is evenly browned, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and simmer until rice is tender, approximately 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue cooking until liquid is absorbed.
Notes & Tips:
This is a lighter version of the traditional Mexcian Rice. I didn't have any onion so I just omitted it. I would def. use the onion though!
Exchanges: 2 Bread, 2-1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat