- 2 eggs
- 2 slices ham, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chunky salsa (optional)
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1.Crack the eggs into a large heavy duty resealable freezer bag. Press out most of the air, and seal. Shake or squeeze to beat the eggs. Open the bag, and add the ham, cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, salsa, and mushrooms. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, and seal the bag.
2.Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place up to 8 bags at a time into the boiling water. Cook for exactly 13 minutes. Open the bag, and let the omelet roll out onto a plate. The omelet should roll out easily.
Notes & Tips:
I saw this recipe on allrecipes.com and thought I just had to try it. It def. works, just make sure you use a heavy duty bag so that it stays closed. I put mushrooms and tomato and onions in my omelet. I think this idea would be great for camping too.
Calories: 485 Total Fat: 33.8g Cholesterol: 515mg