- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 4-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill
- 1 bunch (1 lb.) broccoli, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Lemon slices and fresh dill (optional)
Slice 1/2 of the lemon into thin slices; set aside. Juice remaining 1/2 lemon into a 1 cup measure; add water to equal 1/2 cup. Stir in sugar. Set aside.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is golden; turn fillets. Add lemon juice mixture. Top with snipped dill and lemon slices. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
3. Meanwhile, in another skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Quarter broccoli lengthwise into long spears; add to skillet along with garlic. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender, turning often. Serve salmon with broccoli; pour pan juices over salmon. Serve with additional lemon slices and fresh dill. Makes 4 servings.
Notes & Tips:
This recipe is really lemony. I served this with rice.
Calories 363, Total Fat (g) 25, Saturated Fat (g) 8, Monounsaturated Fat (g) 8, Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 5, Cholesterol (mg) 78, Sodium (mg) 277, Carbohydrate (g) 12, Total Sugar (g) 5, Fiber (g) 3, Protein (g) 26