Cooking Light Magazine June 2010
- 1/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 4 cups chopped plum tomato (about 6)
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed Italian bread, toasted
- 3 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Crumble bacon, and set aside. Add reserved drippings to bowl; stir with a whisk. Add bacon and remaining ingredients; toss well.
Notes & Tips:
YUMMY! Make sure you toast the bread really really well, or else it's kinda chewy. Also you can add some grilled chicken to make this more of a meal.
Makes 4 servings
Calories:247 Fat:9.1g Protein:7.9g Carbohydrate:34.8g Fiber:3.7g