- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small chicken bouillon cubes
- 1-1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
3. Puree soup (If you use an immersion blender you can do it right in the pot, if not just use a food processor).
4. Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
5. Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
6. Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.
Notes & Tips:
I LOVE this soup!! Sooo yummy! The pick 2 serving size at Panara only has 110 calories in it.
Serves 4, large bowls
Calories 241, Total Fat 1.3g, Total Carbohydrate 44.6g, Protein 14.6g