- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 1/2 cups sweet pepper strips
- 1 medium fresh peach or nectarine, cut into thin slices, or 1 cup frozen peach slices, thawed
Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast halves with the fajita seasoning. In a large skillet cook chicken in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
Add remaining oil or butter to skillet. Add sweet pepper strips. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp tender. Gently stir in peach or nectarine slices. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Spoon pepper strips and peach mixture over chicken. Serve with your favorite tortillas, 2 per serving.
Notes & Tips:
I have made a different variation of this recipe before, which actually I liked better, but this one is still really good. I used canned peaches for this, so if you do that just drain the peaches and add them last.
250 Calories, 4.5g Fat, 11.5g Carbs, 40g protein