Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Little Grill


Tonight Mat and I had dinner with some great friends at a great place we'd never visited before, Little Grill.

Little grill is a backwoods cantina kind of place. Laid back style of business, the owner even came out to introduce the entertainment.

The food is predominately Jamaican with the option to have the sauce on the side. I took advantage of the sauce on the side option and I'm glad I did. The jerk sauce was the kind that made your mouth burn minutes after you've swallowed your bite. This was my first experience with Jamaican food and I have to say it isn't my favorite. I ordered the grilled chicken breast with the jerk sauce on the side. It was good but it didn't blow me away. The grilled chicken was something I could have fixed at home on the grill. We did order the German Chocolate Cake, now that was yummy.

Overall I think I enjoyed the atmosphere more than the food. I would go again, the prices were very reasonable and the cool, laid-back, bar atmosphere are enough to draw me back

Dinner prices range from $7.50 - $14.95.

Photo is not from Little Grill, but since I didn't take a picture of it, it's a picture of traditional Jamaican food, Jerk Chicken. Photo credit, www.myrecipes.com

No comments: