Monday, March 8, 2010
Mediterranean Rice Salad with Chicken
Recipe taken from:
• 1/2 cup low fat balsamic vinaigrette
• ¼ cup chopped basil
• 2 cups cooked rice
• 1 1/2 cup of cooked chicken shredded
• ½ cup of grape tomatoes, large ones cut in half
• ½ cup string beans, cut into bite sized pieces
• ½ cup black pitted olives, rough chopped
• ¼ cup shredded carrots
• 1 scallion, chopped light green and white parts only
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or cubed mozzarella cheese
1.In a large bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette and basil.
2.Add rest of the ingredients, except the cheese.
3.Toss together well. Fold in the cheese.
Notes & Tips:
This is a wonderful salad to take to a pot-luck or just to make out of left overs. I used couscous instead of rice and I also substitute a drained can of corn and mushrooms in place of the string beans.
431 calories, 17g fat, 45g Carbs, 26g Protein
Posted by The Porters at 2:24 PM